Note: Heavy work load this semester. Not thinking straight. It may be better for you if you read this while medicated.
It may not surprise you people that this blog post involves the recent actions of PETA.
For those of you who don't know who PETA is, it stands for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. You know, those guys who smoke peyote all day and who are trying to legalize goat marriages in California.
Yeah, now you know who I'm talking about.
People working to help animals. I like animals. So, you'd think I wouldn't have a problem with PETA.
You'd be wrong.
See, as much as their intentions seem good, they fall into the same problem that plagues so many other groups.
They're retarded.
I understand the whole saving the animals thing. That's okay. Stopping animal cruelty? Definitely.
Then they start with the whole vegetarian thing...
This, I don't like.
If someone chooses to become a vegetarian, that's fine. It's their life and they can choose what they want to or don't want to eat. But when someone starts telling me not to eat meat, that ain't right.
If remove meat from my diet, I'd basically be eating potatoes and...
Well potatoes.
So I don't agree with this whole issue. But that is not the retarded part I'm talking about.
No, these guys have set a new record for epic levels of retardedness.
Are you ready?
Seriously you may want to sit down.
They want to rename fish.
I'm not kidding. They want... to rename... fish.
Their basic argument is that fish have been given a bad rap and a fresh, new name will help people realize that they are beautiful creatures that should be left alone.
Guess what they want to name them.
Go ahead and try. I dare ya.
...
Whatever you guessed, it wasn't retarded enough.
They want to rename fish...Sea kittens.
Yes, sea kittens.
People I'm not making this up. www.peta.org/sea_kittens/
PETA has always been messed up. But this is crazy even for them.
Maybe when they're not eating plants, they're smoking them.
Their argument, is that if fish had a cuter name, people would be less likely to eat them. Yeah... the name is the problem. People hear the word fish and their mouths water. People hear the word kitten and no matter what we are talking about, people want to cuddle with it.
Now that's logic.
We can totally solve all of life's problems! We just have to give things a new name.
Have Cancer? Not anymore! Now you have funny bumps. Don't you feel better about it now?
Or AIDS? Yeah that name is quite the downer.
Let's just call it "The Smiles!" And you have to do the Jazz hands when you say it.
This is a great idea! Or it isn't.
I don't know about you, but I would totally eat a sea kitten.
I don't even like fish, but if they renamed them sea kittens you could be darn sure I would be at the beach every day with a knife and fork.
I could get carried away and eat a dolphin. Don't worry though, I'll call it a Sea Hamster first.
That would make it ok.
Honestly, I think I just have to stop reading the news. Every time I start to think I couldn't think less of humanity, someone comes along and says "Guess what moisturizer Obama uses!" And then we all lose.
Screw it.
Tomorrow, I'm going to the aquarium and I'm going to punch a fish in the face.
Wait...
Sorry... That was the anger talking.
I'm going to punch a Sea kitten in the face.

12 comments:
HA!HA!HA!HA! This has to be the best post ever. I must agree, PETA always reaches for that new level of retardation. (Don't worry...I use that word often enough. It's so common, it should have a conditional name for it.)
That one got me laughing out loud! Jonny, you should have a newpaper column...I bet so many people would read it.
So......what would you call a catfish now? A cat-sea-kitten? Actually if you run that all together it sounds kind of cool. A Catsekiten. Sounds like a Final Fantasy name.
Adam
You crack me up. I was laughing so hard! I can't believe that people actually put time and effort into things like this. I agree with Laura...you should write a column for the Daily Universe!
It is very hard to read your posts at work ant not laugh out loud. I do agree with your feelings on this. They like most rights activist do take things to far. I will say that "Sea Hampsters" are very tasty though.
Jonny- I am going to have to disagree. PETA may have some logic to their thinking. Just imajine the possibilites. This a genius idea!
For example, I'm going to start calling double chocolate chunk brownies "blackened tofu." Then I can eat as much as I want. I'm okay with that.
And I bet Cassie would like to have "blackened tofu" as well.
I've never wanted to cuddle with a kitten. Actually, naming a fish a sea kitten makes me want to do meaner things than just eat it....
Nice post. Thanks for the laugh.
Have you read the article about PETA wanting Ben and Jerry's to use human breastmilk to make ice cream because it's cruel to milk a cow? Ewwww...gross is all I can say. Nice post.
And by the way, I need to go and make some "blackened tofu" right now. Nice one Chiara.
scary thing is you did not make this up... Look at the website and read the "sea kitten stories" they are the base line of retardedness...
Katherine said she thinks she sould start teaching her kids about sea kittens... riiiiiight
I think Chiara has the right idea. Lets just go with this. We can change the names of all our foods and enjoy a diets again.
hey Hurst family. It was good seeing ya'll this weekend. your baby girl is a cutie.
Sincerely
Porno
Post a Comment