Yeah this isn't Cassie. I know, I know. You saw a spiritual title and immediately thought that Cassie was writing it.
Jonny can be that way too!
Unfortunately, this is not one of those times. This has to do with an experience I had in the temple which Cassie found to be rather humorous.
Our story begins about 8 years ago. When Jonny was just a young buck missionary. He bought himself a pair of white pants with his parents money. These white pants he of course only used in the temple.
Fast forward 5 years.
Jonny gets married to Cassie. He buys another pair of temple pants. Apparently, skinny Jonny took the rest of his life off and fat Jonny moved in uninvited.
Don't you hate that?
These new pants fit Jonny well, but Jonny also has to be careful because he now has 2 pairs of white pants. Don't want to mix those up.
When my wife and I were packing for Fresno, I packed only one pair of white pants.
...yeah, you can see where this is going.
I mosey my way into the changing room. Everything is going smoothly until the pants come out. I immediately realize that I made a huge mistake. However, the endowment session was going to start in about 5 minute. No time to make a change.
So after A LOT of hard work, I'm able to get the pants buttoned. Sweating, I make my way to get my proxy name. When I entered the endowment room, I was the last one in. Cassie could see I was a little frustrated.
I knew that the tight pants were going to make this an uncomfortable session.
Now I have horrible luck when it comes to choosing things sometimes. Like when I'm at the store, I always manage to choose the cart that is functionally retarded and only has 2.5 working wheels. Or when it comes time to choose a line to stand in, I always choose the one that takes the longest and has someone who is leagally blind at the front. This was the case in my choice of seats to sit in during the session. I managed to choose the only seat in the room that creaked every time I moved.
Or breathed.
Or blinked.
So I'm trying to sit very still so as not to disturb everyone. About 1/4 of the way through the session I realize that my legs have no circulation. My whole right leg was completely numb.
Not good.
At one point we stood up and I was able to get a little feeling back in there.
The sweet relief of blood flow.
I knew I couldn't last the entire session like this. It was getting painful.
So with the help of my very loud chair, I straightened myself as much as I could and tried to unbutton the top button. You know how some dress pants have a hook for a button? Well these pants had that. And they proved to be just as hard to undo as they were to do.
A few minute later I had blood back in my legs and a big grin on my face. Luckily, I was able to cover up the missing button pretty well. And I moved quickly to the changing room when it was over.
Other than that hick-up, Cassie and I had a wonderful time!
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well darn! I think they should make those pants adjustable.
Ha! Ha! When I was just a week from being due with baby #2, we decided to go to the temple to get one last session in before chaos really hit. So, I guess I was moving around alot because one of the sisters came to me and told me it was okay to stand in the back if I wanted to. It was almost over, so I politely said thanks, but no thanks. I didn't have the heart to tell her I'm like this even when I'm not pregnant! I think I might have a little bit of ADD because I can never sit still.
LOL...as usual that was hilarious! I laughed so hard I have tears I am still blinking out of my eyes.
Can't wait til you are back in Texas and can make my days funny again!
Could you model those for a picture? Could be fun.
Post a Comment