Hailey did have to spend an extra day in the hospital to make sure her blood sugars were going to stabilize, but we were able to bring her home late Saturday night. Waiting in the hospital was kinda hard especially since Hailey was never able to come to my room so the only time we saw her was when I went to feed her and I could only take one person with me. Thankfully my mom and Jonny stayed with me as much as possible in the room. Jonny handled it well....
He gets a little creative when he gets bored. Even taking the foot cover off the car seat and wearing it as a hat...never a dull moment in my life!
Before she was cleared to go home we had to do the carseat test. The nurse and I plotted to have Jonny bring the carseat down to the nursery so he could change a diaper. He was pretty concerned when he found out but he cooperated. As is expected from my beloved husband the nurse said that him changing her diaper was one of the funniest diaper changings she had seen in a long time, which is saying a lot considering how many diaper changes she probably supervises a week.
Unfortunately these pictures do absolutely no justice to the actual experience because you had to have heard the things that Jonny was saying....my favorite comment and Paula's, the nurse, was, "She's like a playdoh machine!" Referring to the fact that she continued to poop as he was trying to change the diaper.
We had to borrow a carseat from my friend Jan because we thought we had at least another week or two before we were going to need one. Finally after the diaper was changed and the carseat test was passed we got to get her ready to go home!
Not too excited to get dressed, but she calmed down pretty quick.
In the car ready to go home!
14 comments:
Hey dude! Nice hat!
How 'bout those Cubbies? Are they jinxed or what? Sorry, something about "home" made me think of baseball.
How fun to finally have your little one home so you can start to get settled in and start those little family routines.
Keep the pictures coming. They change a lot in those first few weeks.
Yay! I'm glad you finally got to bring her home. Have fun!
Cassie-You look great! I love the plot to make Jonny change a diaper! SO funny-wish I could have heard it!
Congrats you guys!!
I'm happy to see more pics...I've been checking multiple times. Jonny is so funny
She is sooo cute Cassie! I loved your husband's point of view too! Really funny! :) I can't wait to see you guys! Remember the other day when I asked you if you could hurry up and have your baby so I could hold her?? Yah...I was half kidding! I was so shocked when Joe told me you had her! We're so happy for you! Let me know if you need anything! :)
Jonny, Mike volunteered to change the first diaper. I think it was actually to get extra brownie points hoping it get out of the other ones at home!
Is it November yet?!?
Your baby looks SOOOOO sweet and cute! Please smell her extra times for me. Good job bringing her home; life will never be the same again. Let the fun begin!
I wish I was there!!!! She looks great and so do you Cass. Oh and I really wish I was there to witness Jonny changing the diaper. I think that would have been one of the funniest things to see! Really Jonny a playdough machine.... you goof. Love you all and I can't wait to meet my niece!!!
Nice hat!!! She is so cute and I love Jonny's whole description of the birthing experience...watching but trying not to watch thing. Funny!
She is very sweet. We are so happy for ya'll can can't wait to see her!
Playdough machine...'that's a good one. I must admit, you've got that about right. Being a NICU nurse I can't tell you the number of babies that have pooped on me. Even the little tiny ones. You've got to watch those little suckers. But they're so sweet, you can't help but love them anyway.
Ah, she's sooo tiny! What a sweetheart! Congrats!! Life is about to get whole lot more fun!
What a cute family! Nice looking pictures. You guys are great. WE hope all is going well.
That's awesome! Its good to see Jonny is still Jonny!
Post a Comment