Friday, May 2, 2008

5AM Wake Up Call

This actually happened about a week ago but I am just now getting to it...

When we moved in here we were warned that the smoke detectors were very sensitive...

Last Friday night we were sleeping very peacefully, well as much as possible when you have to pee three times a night! I had been back in bed for about 30 minutes and all the sudden this AWFUL, ear-piercing sound started going off! Jonny even woke up and that is hard to do. We fumbled around for about 20 seconds trying to figure out what the heck was going on...The Fire Alarm was going off!

We sleepily got dressed to go outside and were able to meet a bunch of our neighbors that we hadnt met yet. Unfortunately when one alarm goes off, they all go off in the whole building. We sat out there for about 20 minutes before these guys showed up.
They had to go into our neighbors' apt to turn the alarm off, after which we found out the only people not outside at our little party were the people who had actually set it off by burning their breakfast!

About 10 minutes after they turned it off and cleared the building for us to go back inside (about 45 - 50 minutes after it started going off) the sun started coming and and I had a rough time going back to sleep. I've decided unless you eat breakfast after 7am you should only be allowed to eat cold breakfasts! Cereal is great

7 comments:

Laura said...

Oh man, that stinks! They definitly should have had cereal! Cassie, I can totally sympathize with you about waking up a bunch to use the bathroom. Do you ever try to ignore it and try to go back to sleep, but can't until you give up and use the restroom? Cute blog background!

Cassie said...

Yeah I totally try to ignore it sometimes. It works very occasionally, but when it does I just wake up in pain an hour or two later cause I have to go so bad!

Mother Goose said...

Thought you might get a kick out of this story.

Every since your post about Jonny and the toliet paper roll, I have been able to give Mike a hard time about not changing it either. Today I went into the bathroom and found a new roll on the back of the toliet seat. I looked at the dispensor on the wall expecting to see the empty cardboard roll still on there, but it wasn't there. Mike Had taken the time to take the empty roll off, but never put the new one back on!!

Mrs. C. Yeates said...

Ashlyn, at least that is a step in the right direction. And I love the new background Cass! Looks great.

Cassie said...

LOL! These men...what are we gonna do. Now if Jonny forgets I call him into the bathroom and point to the empty roll. Fortunately the new roll doesnt sit well on the dispenser in this place!

Karen Nelson said...

Wow, that would be pretty scary. I think I would have a hard time getting back to sleep from just the adrenalin rush alone!
I also LOVE your background! I still have yet to succeed at that! Laura has done mine for me...bless her heart!
Cassie you look adorable in your 16week picture. If I try really, really hard I can kinda see a bit of a swelling...I think!
You will be showing when I see you next I bet!!

Charlissa said...

I think I would have shot someone had that happened to me. I am not a morning person and hate those blasted smoke alarms