Sunday, May 11, 2008

Diaries of a Mad Pregnant Woman

Living with the future mother of a Counter Terrorist Agent has taught me many things.

If you don't know what I am referring to when I say "Counter Terrorist Agent" then I would like to welcome you from your cave and let you know that we have invented the wheel, fire, and yes, France still can't win a war.


Some of the biggest things to get used to is what comes out of Cassie's mouth. Sometimes she even manages to catch me off guard. I would like to share with you some of the good 'ol conversations that have passed during this pregnancy. (WARNING: if you find yourself in bewilderment and confused by the things Cassie says, it's perfectly normal. She doesn't understand them herself.)



A while ago Cassie was peacefully writing a blog. Charlissa and I were helpfully cleaning the house. Suddenly for no reason we hear these exact words:


"AUGH! What smells like band-aids?!"


After wondering what she was talking about we found out it was the Lillie's I had bought her. Yes...Lillie's smell like band-aids apparently.


Cassie had a long day at work. After a rough drive on the way home where she proclaimed she was almost killed 3 times by "Utard drivers", she decided to vent to her husband. After listening to her go off for about 30 minutes she stopped talking.


15 seconds later she was crying.


Jonny asked in complete confusion, "Um....what's wrong?"

Cassie replies, "I just can't stand people's stupidness! I just want to look at them and say, "Do you realize how stupid you are?!"


This is where I learned it is ok to cry because you think someone is stupid...........


I have found that sometimes Cassie gets a little whiny around bedtime.

Ok, she gets ALOT whiny. But still adorable honey!

One night she was in a not so great mood. I was trying to cheer her up but to no avail. She said she just wanted to go to bed. So I made the bed while she got ready. When she then came to bed she laid down.....and then started crying. Apparently crying is a theme with pregnant chicks. I asked why she was crying.


Cassie: I'm so tired!

Jonny: So go to sleep.

Cassie: I don't want to go to sleep.

Jonny: So stay awake for a while then go to sleep.


Cassie: But I don't want to stay awake! I just want to go to sleep cause I'm tired!

Jonny: ........Is this like a test or something?


One day I picked Cassie up from work. She didn't have much time before having to go to Eddie Bauer so I asked her if she wanted to just get some food before going.

Jonny: Where do you want to eat?

Cassie: Wendy's sounds really good right now. Lets go there.


Jonny: You sure you want Wendys?

Cassie: I'm positive. It sounds really good.

Upon arriving at the Wendys drive up...


Drive-thru person: Can I take your order?


Jonny: Alright Cassie, what do you want to eat?


Cassie: Bleh, nothing here looks good. I don't want Wendys.


Jonny: ..............


And finally comes one of my (and Jill's) favorite Cassie pregnant quotes.


After a long and unsuccessful weekend recruiting, we decided to take a trip to Vegas for a couple days with Jared and Jill. Along the way we stopped for some gas and I asked if anyone wanted some food. No one else was hungry except Cassie and her tape worm.


We pull up to McDonald's and this is what was said...word for word.


Jonny: Ok anyone other than Cassie want anything? No? Ok Cassie, what do you want?


Cassie: Umm.....just get me a cheeseburger. Oh! And no onions. I don't want to see any onions. I swear if they put onions on my burger I will burn this place down.



Jonny:









I wish I was making this stuff up.



7 comments:

The Bald Eagle said...

I'm sure the prenancy intensifies things, but I seem to recall similar sort of comments from Cassie long before she got married or pregnant.

Cassie said...

The only similar thing I remember is just when I have been overly tired and I cant help that I value my sleep! Unfortuantely all these stories are farely acurate but the crazier ones, like McDonalds and stupid people story, are from the first month to 6 or 7 weeks of being pregnant when my hormones were beyond out of control!

Karen Nelson said...

ROTFL that is so funny but i feel so bad for you jonny. Well on the plus side u only have a couple more months left of it until the next baby.
From Zach

Karen Nelson said...

Jonny...you are a Saint. I believe you should also become an author!!

Cassie...you are doing great! Keep up the elevated self-confidence along with sharing your thoughts and feelings with others!!

Laura said...

Jonny, I'm pretty sure Adam can sympathize with you. Adam knew I was pregnant before I did because of how emotional and irrational I had become.

Cassie, I can completely sympathize with you. I think you are awesome and that every woman who is or ever was pregnant is a miracle in herself because it is the craziest thing I have EVER been through!

Charlissa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nursemom said...

The only thing I recall doing that was crazy was calling Kevin and crying on my way to work because I was hungry...after I had eaten dinner. Cassie, I feel for you. Hormones...they're crazy. And they don't get better after you have the baby. I've cried so many times in the last couple weeks. Good Luck to both of you.