Friday, May 16, 2008

Adventures in Memphis!

I am so happy to have some married girls in the our office this year! Out of the three years we have done this being married this is the first year that Jonny and I are not the ONLY married couple. It makes such a huge difference! A few days ago the girls went to Downtown Memphis to see some of the fun things we have here. We went down to Beale street which is kinda where Memphis began. They blocked off a portion of the street to traffic and only allow motorcycles and people down it. It was really fun to see all the blues clubs, the stores full of Elvis stuff, and many other things that make up Tennessee.


We also went to the Peabody Palace/Hotel and watched The March of The Ducks! It was really cute. Every day at 11am the ducks come down from the top of the building on the elevator and "march" on a red carpet to a fountain that is in the main lobby. They stay there until 5 when it is time to march back to the elevator and ride it up to the top again! It was very fun to see.
These are me new friends here is Memphis. We are the lonely wives that hang out all day while our husbands are working very hard. Jan, and Joey, me holding Brigham, and Jessica. We are waiting for the duck march to start.

They actually call this guy "The Duckmaster". He does the show and ushers them down the red carpet.

Here they come!



There they go! We want to be there sometime for when they come off the elevator.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm glad you have wives to hang out with there! I know how lonely it can get. You look so cute in the pictures. Have you ever heard the song "walking in Memphis?" This post reminds me of it. They talk about walking on the Beale, and I never knew what it was until I read your post.

Mrs. C. Yeates said...

What a fun place!