Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Long Work in Progress

We are very excited about the duplex we are going to be living in, however it is gonna take a lot of fixing up before we can move in. We seriously think the guy that lived there before us must have been smoking something. His random "creativity" just ended up creating extra work for us!

Please notice the unexplained black lines running down the wall on the left of the picture!!


Those lovely black lines made it so we had to spend 2 days pulling off the wall paper because we didnt have stuff that matched to recover it. My friend Meredith and I have made a vow that if we ever try to buy a house that has wallpaper in it or try to put it up in our own house we will fly to the other's house no matter how far away that may be and slap the crap out of whoever thought it would be a good idea. (No joke by the way)


We finally got it all taken off and this is what our walls looked like! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Here is a picture of the whole room with all of the wallpaper on the floor and yes there is bluish-grey stenciled nonsense under the chair railing!

Next I got to sand the walls while others followed behind me with primer.

It took a very long time but it was amazing how much a fresh coat of paint did!!

Despite all the tedious work stuff is finally starting to come together. A couple more coats of paint and we will be able to move in!

2 comments:

Mrs. C. Yeates said...

Your walls looked like my dining room- post bees. I hate wallpaper too. I have to strip a bathroom, but I found dish soap and water works great.

Karen Nelson said...

Looks great!! But you always were a very hard worker especially when you know what you want!!