Tuesday, May 26, 2009

8 Months

Hailey was 8 months old on Sunday. I havent measured how tall she is but she does weigh 19lbs! (Yes she loves lemons!)

She learned so many things in the past two weeks it has absolutely amazed me! I have blogged about pretty much all of it already but one thing I am excited about is that she learned how to say like 4 different consonants almost over night. Now she babbles ALL the time and says any combination of; ma, da, ba, ga, ya, and na.

Please not the little mohawk in the following picture...this is what happens when mom has to put sunscreen on her head because she doesnt have enough hair to protect her scalp from the sun...it is starting to actually grow though!

She also just learned that if she rubs her hand back and forth across her mouth really fast while she is yelling then it sounds really funny, and will start yelling if you pat your hand over her mouth really fast so it makes the same noise. So fun!


One thing not so fun...is she is starting the whole seperation anxiety thing. Even though I try to keep her around others a lot she is still mostly only with me so I'm sure thats not helping much. We are working on it though so it hopefully doesnt get too bad.

4 comments:

Karen Nelson said...

I love that third picture. She looks like a cupie doll. I wish that one would get bigger so I could see her close up.
And leave it to Hailey to be able to pull off wearing horizontal stripes and still look so darn cute!

Scottie and Angie said...

I know it has been a while since I have commented but I just have to say Hailey is so CUTE!!! So is looking more and more like you everyday, how fun.
I am glad you are well,
loves
Angie Parker

Sarah said...

Is she ever unhappy? She is ALWAYS smiling!! So beautiful!

Laura said...

What a little smartie! I think she'll be walking before Charlotte. And, I love her wide grins!