
Actual picture of dentist
Well apparently when you do a cleaning you are supposed to go back for a follow up cleaning within a couple months.
Wait Jonny, if you are supposed to have gone back in a couple months, then why are you just now posting about it?
Great question! Thanks for asking.
I'm a crafty individual. I managed to miss those appointments like David misses the spellcheck button.
Ba-dum pshhhh!
However, as luck would have it, Cassie managed to get me locked down for an appointment. By "locked down" I mean she threatened to be really mad at me for a loooooooooong time. And I think she meant it.
So off we go to the dentist today. And let me tell you people, I have never bargained to get out of anything so hard in my entire life. I was trying to cut deals with Cassie today that would make a used car salesmen look like a fluffy bunny.
After realizing I wasn't going to get out of it, I took the little Kenny approach and would not speak to Cassie the whole drive up there.
When we get there, I was allowed about 13 seconds to get mentally ready before they called my name to go back. (Darn speedy service)
As I sat down I promptly let them know that I do not take good care of my teeth and if they expect to be stabbing my gums, they better either have a safety plan in place or be prepared to have an angry rhino running around the little room.
They told me they could give me laughing gas. While this sounded like it would be really fun to see what I would do on laughing gas, I asked them what option B was. They ultimately put this numbing gel stuff on my gums that made my gums, lips, and tongue go numb.
You know what's great about that numbing stuff, I didn't feel a thing.
You know what's not great about that numbing stuff, it only works for 15 MINUTES!
So here I am, watching TV on the ceiling, getting splashed in the face with my own slobber (sexy huh), when out of nowhere the stuff wears off when they have some metal thingy shoved under my tooth.
Naturally I jerked away. This cause the sharp, spinning metal thingy to hit my tongue, which wasn't numb anymore either.
I'm not sure what happened in the rest of that episode of Home Improvement, but I am sure that I developed 6 new swear words in my head.
After that was all done, the dentist shows up to tell me I have a couple of cavities that need to be fixed. He asked if I would be available on April 14th to fix it. I told him we would be gone to Fresno for the summer on April 13th. (which may or may not have been true)
I wanted to be cooperative though.
So I set up an appointment for Oct 2nd when I will be living in Texas.
Well, to wrap this up I guess I should go out on a Law and Order note.
Judge: On the account of Mouth-slaughter in the 1st degree how do you find?
Foredude: We the people find the dentist, guilty.
(Cut to Jack McCoy drinking Scotch and saying something witty about how the criminal dentist system is changed forever.)
3 comments:
HAHAHA. That was awesome. Ya know if you just took better care of your teeth you wouldn't have to go to the dentist as often as you go, and they wouldn't have to do what has to be done... I'm just throwing that out there
ONCE AGAIN, THANKS FOR THE LAUGH!
Jonny, I am totally on your side when it comes to the dentist!
I need to go but can't find the strength to overcome my fears.
What a great example you are. And So creative and funny!
Post a Comment