Tuesday, March 31, 2009

SO ANNOYED!

So we have been trying to sell the contract to our apartment for about a week. It is posted on Craigslist and KSL. Last week I had somone call after 9:30. Just didnt answer the phone. So tonight I had someone call after 9:45. Again just didnt answer, not that big a deal though. So I was laying on the couch enjoying a few quiet moments to myself before I had to go to bed and start all over tomorrow and the phone starts ringing. I looked at the clock and it was 10:30! Oh I was gonna answer this one! Those of you that know me well know where this is going...

The first words out of his mouth were..."uh...sorry its late". I just sat there for a few seconds waiting for this fool to try and articulate what he was trying to say as he just stuttered and stumbled over his words, either from mere stupidity or guilt for it being too late, I dont know. So I patiently waited for him to finish and then waited a few more seconds to which he responded...Are you there? To which I replied..."You know what? I'm sorry but it is 10:30 and I have a 6 month old!"

"Oh...I'm sorry" (said in an idiotic tone)

He then continued to ask me about the apt! Wouldnt you just apologize profusely and call back the next day? Oh no...not this genious

So I stopped him and proceeded to say...."No!... It is not ok to call people you dont know past 9:00! Didnt your mother teach you its not ok to call people past 9:00?"

He intelligently responded with a "Well didnt your mother teach you not to be so mean?"

To which I responded with the sound of my phone hanging up!

THIS IS RIDICULOUS! Apparently some people are so stuck in their own lives that social do's and dont's either completely escape their tiny "me-centered" brains or they think that their situation is so dire that they are exceptions to all the rules. Either way it is juvenile and infuriating!

Sorry for the rant, but I am SO ANNOYED!

7 comments:

Anie said...

What an IDIOT!!!

Angela S said...

That really is retarded.

Charlissa said...

Yeah that is retarded, and really how old is the guy 5? I mean he should have just come out and said you're a meanie head... that what he sounded like to me with the whole did you mom teach you not to be so mean... Loser.

Meredith said...

ok That sooo reminds me of a guy who bought something from me on KSL! He told me that he would be in Orem to pick it up by 7. He told me he was coming to my house and that was all fine andn dandy. Well around 8:15 my phone finally rings and he is like ummm I am here and I don't know how to get to your house. So I had to take Mackenzie (who was just falling asleep) and put her in the car to go meet this guy. I had already explained to him I had an infant and we were asleep no later than 8!! So I totally feel your pain. It is SOOOOO aggravating.

Sarah said...

That's Utah for you!

Karen Nelson said...

I can solve your problem. When you no longer want phone calls... turn off your phone.
As you know I consider a phone a convenience for the person paying for the phone...not anyone who decides they want to call you! With that mindset, I hardly ever answer my phones at home. I do that far enough all day at work.

Sarah said...

Any luck yet?