Does anyone miss the good old days? You know, the days before the world went absolutely insane?
The 90's wasn't the best decade. It certainly had it's mistakes. It gave birth to the Boy Band craze, Melrose Place, and a million other things I'm sure we would all like to collectively forget.
MC Hammer, I'm looking at you.
But looking back I can honestly say the world was a lot less screwed up. It all made sense.
Today I half cringe to turn on the news cause I know something retarded has happened.
How do I know something retarded has happened?
Cause something retarded happens everyday! Either it's some update on how the economy is getting worse, or it's a news article about some part of Barrack O-drama's life that nobody really cares about.
So what happened?
Not that long ago everything was about excess. Going crazy, spending money, eating whatever the heck you wanted.
Everything had bacon on it.
Everything.
Some mornings I'd wake up and put bacon on my Frosted Flakes.
And nobody said a thing about it.
And Jonny saw the world and it was good.
You didn't have to even think about other people. The entire world was focused on making you happy.
Screw the environment, screw the starving kids, screw everything.
What was in it for me? It was a great time to be alive.
Now, you might be thinking that this sounds like a very shallow, selfish way to live.
You'd be darn friggin' right, too.
It was shallow. It was selfish. It was glorious.
Unfortunately we seemed to have lost our way along the line. People began to care about EVERYTHING. Why did this start?
Being socially conscious is not all it's cracked up to be.
Now we all get up in the morning just waiting for the world to fall apart. It's all about to go up in flames anyways, just let it happen.
It wasn't always like this.
No, back in the good old days, you hopped out of bed, jumped in your 3 miles to the gallon Hummer, and went to McDonald's for the heart attack breakfast special served on a Styrofoam plate.
Yummy.
Toss that in the nearest protected wetlands and you were good to go.
And we didn't worry about anything. Sure Al Gore worried, but does anyone even take that guy seriously? I bet his own mother makes fun of him.
Gas was cheap, credit was easy, and everything was simple.
I miss that.
I miss living in a world where everything made sense.
Terrible sense, I'll give you, but sense all the same. I miss a time when the world was all about me.
That probably sounds selfish.
Darn straight!
(p.s. I know that a lot of this excess contributed to the problems at hand. Please do not post anything about economics on the comments or I will be forced to revisit the sock full of nickels thing.)
So what is all this leading up to?
Why would I keep going on about how the world is just getting screwed up? If you guys haven't found something more interesting to click too, then I assume you are actually interested.
I would like to share something with you that I read today: www.tcpalm.com/news/2009/mar/03/told-mcnuggets-ran-out-fort-pierce-woman-calls-911/
That's right, some lady called 911 cause the McDonalds was out of chicken nuggets.
See what I mean?!
Let me put this in a way Mikie, my dad, and Dan Nelson will understand:
World = or > Insane
Oh well, at least the stupidity isn't spreading and everything will go back to normal right?
www.palmbeachpost.com/search/content/local_news/epaper/2009/02/07/0207bbarrest.html
Aww dang.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love this post, you're hilarious! Oh, btw- Barack "O-drama" = genius!
by the way the correct sign for greater than or equal to is ≥.... but i'm sure you know that... heheheheh
good post by the way!
Wow....all I can say is Wow. How do you find these monuments to idiocy? And really...how do people get do retarded? Thanks for the laugh.
Heaven help us ... really!
They were probably mad there was no bacon on it. I would call the police for that reason.
mike
Post a Comment