Texas Opens Classroom Door for Evolution Doubts
I read this article tonight and I am so excited! Basically the state of Texas no longer allows teachers to teach evolution and the Big Bang theory as doctrinal fact!
Here are a few quotes:
"Texas has sent a clear message that evolution should be taught as a scientific theory open to critical scrutiny, not as a sacred dogma that can't be questioned," said Dr. John West, a senior fellow at the Discovery Institute, a Seattle think tank that argues an intelligent designer created life."
"It isn't just evolution at issue: The board also approved an earth-science curriculum that challenges the widely accepted Big Bang Theory. Students are expected to learn that there are "differing theories" on the "origin and history of the universe."
"Board members also deleted a reference to the scientific consensus that the universe is nearly 14 billion years old. The board's chairman has said he believes God created the universe fewer than 10,000 years ago."
If you would like to read the article here is the link
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123819751472561761.html
I would just like to say this is definately a plus for wanting my kids to go through school in Texas. If they are this concerned about these issues, the good old Republican state of Texas will probably never allow education curriculum to include teaching that homosexual parents are normal families like they are doing in California!
I try not to be too obnoxious with Texas pride unless I am trying to bug Jonny or something but this time I cant help it! I LOVE THAT STATE!
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
AMEN!! I am always telling my husband about how great the education system in Texas is... this just proves it even more! Thanks for posting! I am probably going to post something similar as well because this is very exciting to me!
The Texas Education system is far advanced than most states. No offense intended but far more so than Utah also. That is one of the reasons teachers are paid double what they are paid in Utah. It is harder to meet the standards that we have here in Texas.
I have always known this but have not voiced it as I hear how other kids are doing in other states in their school and in the back of my mind, I wonder how they would do here in Texas...
Post a Comment