Friday, July 25, 2008

Stupid is, as stupid does

Yeah...you guys know where I'm going with this.

Have you ever done something really stupid? And then after said stupid thing doesn't work out how you planned, and you are suffering the consequences you think to yourself, "What the friggin heck was I thinking?!"

This happens to some of us more than others. Anyone who is married to or knows Adam Nelson, Adam Rankin, or myself can relate to this.

Now, I have a few things I'm good at. I can bug Cassie like no ones business, I can explain a few economic theorems, and I can compete with some of the best gamers in the world. Not the best talents to have, but that is my parents fault. Plus they NEVER took me to Disneyland as a kid! Of course I'm screwed up!

Apparently one of the things I'm not good at is tight-rope walking.

Cross that off the list of potential carreer opportunities.

Last night I was on a walk with my wife. Apparently we have to spend some quality time together getting eaten by mesquitos. Cassie is a sick person...

You know how when you are walking down the street you sometimes pretend the curb is a balance beam and try to stay on?

Don't lie. I know you all still do it.

Well I decided to take this concept to the next level.

I decided it would be a good idea to pretend a metal railing on a concrete staircase was a balance beam.

I know you are all shaking your heads at this point.

As I began on my olympic journey, I heard a still small voice quitely say, "If you fall, I'm not taking you to the emergency room"

Apparently, the still small voice we learn about in primary sounds exactly like Cassie. Who knew.

I was doing really well till about 2/3 of the way. My balance then failed me. Luckily, my legs were here to keep me from falling off to the side.

...yeah.

One leg went on one side of the rail, the other leg went on the other side of the rail...and I dont have long legs...

Good news: Big Jim and the twins are okay.

Bad news: For some reason God gave us tail bones.

Needless to say, I have spent the last 24 hours sitting very carefully and Cassie likes to ask me if my butt still hurts.

Maybe I'll try the cannon ball job at the circus instead...

8 comments:

Charlissa said...

HAHAHA!!! I have no words.....

Mr and Mrs said...

I needed to read something like this today!Haha!

Karen Nelson said...

Jonny, you are so very funny!! I am glad you are ok...remember we need lots of grandchildren!

Anonymous said...

Anyone get that on film..America's Funniest Home Videos here we come. That was hilarious and I didn't even see it but I bet Cassie got a good laugh right after she found out you were okay.

Laura said...

OUCH! I am glad you're okay, and thanks for the Monday morning chuckle...I needed that.

Anonymous said...

Wait a second......how did my name get associated with this? I don't do stupid things and then say what the friggin heck! I use different four letter words.

Adam Nelson

Anonymous said...

Yeah me too!? I'm not stupid enough to walk along a pole like you, instead I just say ride the waves!!! See I'm not stupid.

Becky said...

HA HA HA HA!!! THAT IS FRIGGIN' FUNNY! I'M LAUGHING SO HARD!