Sunday, April 20, 2008

We made it to Tennessee!

I have pictures of a couple things, but since we are "borrowing" someone's internet right now until we get our own on Wednesday I am gonna hold off on the pictures.

We did make it here late, late Friday night after about a million setbacks and delays. The trip was pretty crappy especially being pregnant! Jonny and I decided I am definately flying back since I will be 7+ months pregnant and I was already pretty uncomfortable a lot of the time.

We love Tennessee so far! The weather has been GORGEOUS, though I know it will get really hot soon. Its not the backwoods hickville I thought it might be, but I guess people are surprised to learn that when they go to Texas also. The people are so nice. I forgot how much friendlier people are in the South than they are in the West and how much I missed it. I adore that a lot of people here have a cute accent and are always willing to say hi and help if you need it! I look forward to going to our new ward! We are living in the nicest place we have lived in yet and I know I am going to have a very hard time leaving this one.

So we are doing great and totally look forward to seeing anyone that can make it out here to see us this summer!

4 comments:

Mother Goose said...

Glad to hear that you are there safe and sound! Don't forget to get a doctors note when you do fly home. The airline companies won't let you fly after 6 months pregnant unless you have a doctors note. Like being in elementary schoool again!

Laura said...

There is something special about the South, isn't there? Adam and I felt the same way when we went to Georgia over Spring Break. It was funny because we had gotten so used to Cleveland that we had forgotten how great Cleveland...isn't. Good luck this summer there in Memphis. We wish it was closer, but I don't think I'd last that long in a car if we were coming to see you. I'm glad you like the place you're living! All in all you sound so happy!

Barbara said...

WOW!! There sure is a lot happening in your life! Just thought I'd drop in and say hi! We all LOVE your blog. You two are a hoot and it is so great to kinda keep up with you. Jennifer says HI!!!!! Love you!

Karen Nelson said...

Hey, I am so happy that y'all are closer and back in the land of friendly people. It was great to talk with both of you recently! Can't wait to see you a bit later this summer!
Love y'all!!!