Sunday, January 27, 2008

24

Last year we got really hooked on the TV show 24...so much that Jonny wants to name one of our children, Jack Bauer Hurst...I said no. Anyway around the same time we came up with this game that we played often with our friends and that affectionately become known as "Playing 24". We hadnt played in a long time but this weekend we took advantage of the above freezing temps and decided to play. I dont have any pics of the actual game just of everyone preparing before hand. Basically we divide into two teams, usually guys against girls, and go around stalking the other team in a designated area with our air-soft guns that shoot little tiny plastic balls. The girls lose 95% of the time but we still have a ton of fun. However if you are hit on your bare skin it hurts a ton....but we will get to that.


We are always very careful and wear lots of protective gear as you can see from the pics above. It is always interesting to play around an apartment complex becuase we can look a little scary crouched behind bushes with guns but we just get a good laugh out of scaring people. No pedestrian has ever been shot.....in fact no one has ever really been hurt...untill last night anyway.


This next picture I am being forced to post even though I have vehemently argued against it. You know the movie, A Christmas Story? The kid wants the Red Ryder BB gun and he is always told no becasue he will shoot his eye out....no, no one got their eye shot out but for about 10 seconds that is what I was more than terrified I had done to my husband....


That little red dot at the corner of his eye is where he got hit. I know what you are thinking...man, you guys are idiots....and all I can say is yup. It was compeltely an accident in fact we had just ended a game. I felt absolutely horrible for the rest of the night and now every time I look at his face. I'm so glad it didnt hit his eye. We are never going to fire a shot again even if it is pointed at the ground without our eye goggles on. I dont ever even want to touch one of those guns again but I am argued with about that too....so now against my will everyone knows my guilt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm rather sad I was not able to participate in this way fun activity. :( And Cassie..... Good aim. I'm proud of ya. haha just kidding.

Mrs. C. Yeates said...

Hmm...you shot you husband...interesting...