Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I Got Tagged

So Laura tagged me a long time ago so I decided to take this opportunity while I am sitting at work and my data base is frozen (which happens quite often and for long periods of time) to start working on this. Apparently we are supposed to write 6 things about ourselves.

1. I am intensely afraid of spiders! I can handle a lot of bugs but for some reason I can not handle spiders. I do not believe that people swallow spiders in their sleep. I dont care what studies have been done or whatever because, number one; that is sick and number two; I refuse to think that spiders would be crawling on my face in the middle of the night! Jonny is very familiar with my call for help when there is a spider anywhere around me. I will call his name once, wait about 5 seconds and then I will call him over and over, getting faster every time, with my voice getting higher everytime also. He knows to come to my rescue with a wad of toilet paper. He and Lippy love to bring this up in social settings so I figure I will just get it out in the open for everyone! OK and as an additional note on this I was going to put a picture of an animated spider but when I searched pictures of real spiders came up and it seriously creeped me out so much I decided against it!


2. I like humidity. Almost everyone I talk to calls me crazy, especially here in Utah, but I grew up in it. I loved going outside in the evening in the middle of the summer and just sitting in the warmth of it like a blanket wrapped around you. Humidity brings rain! Granted doing yard work in 100 degree August heat and 100 percent humidity and swatting mosquitoes the whole time does present the ugly side of it. But I just tell people especially in Utah that if I can get back to a humid place then we will compare how we look in twenty years and I guarantee I will not look as old as they do!

3.That brings me to my next point. I am an avid Weather Channel watcher! I even have my favorite meteorologists and I usually know about when they will be on. I have always been amazed by the weather and how it impacts people. For a long time I wanted to be a meteorologist and tracks storms and stuff. If I could go back to school for a second degree thats what it would be. I adore a good thunder storm and though really intense/dangerous storms scare me they also excite me at the same time..kinda weird I know.

4. I love dark chocolate. One of the great things about loving dark chocolate is that it is somewhat of an acquired taste and so at this point I can leave dark chocolate sitting around in my house, leave for work, come back and its still there!!!


5. My fav shows to watch are Law and Order, What Not to Wear, and That 70's Show. I love Law and Order because you can always find an epsiode on. Bill Engval has this joke that involves watching Law and Order and I wont tell it cause its kinda racey but if you know it you can laugh and know that it somewhat applies to Jonny and I! If you dont and want to know call me and I'll tell you. We own every single season of that 70's show that has come out on DVD only one more to own them all! After finishing the last season we bought just a week or so ago I was so concerned about what happened at the end that it bothered me for days...it still does if I sit and think about it.


6. I have an obsession with things that sparkle and glitter, from Christmas lights, to fireworks, to fun make up, to yes even jewelry. I always have! My prom dress was lavender with bluish, purplish sequins all over. When I was shopping for my wedding dress I was looking for sparkle that was still temple appropriate! I think that is why I get so excited to decorate for Christmas because it includes lights and tinsel and ornaments....lots and lots of sparkle and glitter! In fact I just got some lotion the other day that has a teeny bit og glitter in it! I dont know why it just makes me happy for some reason.



So if you took the time to read this and you have yet to be tagged then consider yourself tagged! (Chiara, Marissa, Ashlyn, Mary, Mom, Meredith.....have fun)

2 comments:

Cool Runnings said...

I see nothing wrong with likeing thunderstorms. I love them. When I was growing up and we heard the tornado sirens I would run outside instead of for the basement. That is until my parents made me come inside.

Laura said...

It was cool to read all those things about you! I'm not one to eat a piece of chocolate. But if I am going to have some, dark is the way to go! You better put pictures up when you decorate for Christmas. I can only imagine after seeing your Halloween decorations!