Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pumpkin Carving

I was very excited to carve our pumpkin this year. I spent a couple weeks working at the Corn Maze at Thanksgiving Point a while ago and they have a huge pumpkin patch where you can pick your own pumpkin. I found an absolutely beautiful one and since I worked there it was free! The best pic of it is on my previous post about our bird.

My favorite part has always been cleaning out the guts of the pumpkin!


Sometimes I get a little over excited about things and this activity was no exception. Jonny and I looked through our little pattern book thing and of course I wanted to do the hardest/coolest looking one!










So Jonny started working on it trying very hard to complete my wishes...I decided maybe I should help too after a while.

We worked on it for about half an hour and then realized it was a very good thing that our pumpkin was so big because no matter how excited I was or how hard Jonny tried we are not yet expert pumpkin carvers! I ended up using pieces of cut out pumpkin to plug the holes and our pumpking looked like this instead!


Still very cute!

1 comment:

Eppie said...

I love your finished product. I think it looks cooler than the tree pattern. Gooid job to you both.