Monday, October 22, 2007

Koocaboo

Even though I have mentioned him before I would like to introduce everyone to the other member of our family. His name is Koocaboo. Yes I'm sure you said it right. It is pronounced just like it looks. We got him while we were in LA this summer.


Jonny and I originally went to a pet store out in LA thinking we would get a fish. I needed somthing to keep me company while Jonny was always gone. Pretty quickly after we got there and started browsing around I decided a fish would be boring and what we really needed was a bird! So I picked out the coolest looking bird I could find. Staying true to my love of being different I picked the one that looked the most different from most other parakeets I have seen.


He is actually a pretty good bird. We keep him right next to the couch so he is with us a lot and he loves the TV! He is usually pretty quiet but gets riled up when Jonny plays Halo on his XBOX or when you turn the water on in the kitchen...not sure why. Its really kinda funny though, if you go to the kitchen and turn the faucet on and off he will squawk every time the water comes on and stop as soon as you turn it off.

We are working on teaching him a few things. Right now he does pretty well at following our "up" command when we put our hand in his cage to get him on our finger. We have been working on (for a long time) teaching him to whistle cat-calls. I figure it could only boost our self-esteem!

5 comments:

Laura said...

I like your bird. My grandma used to have birds, but I was always afraid to touch them. Actually, I'm still afraid to touch them. Your bird is very pretty though.

Anonymous said...

Don't let Lissy near Koocaboo because if you recall, when she was a toddler she wanted to eat our bird, Jazz.

Mrs. C. Yeates said...

Pretty bird. And your pumpkin is perfect. It is the best color orange and a great shape. Great find!

Anonymous said...

Ha, koocaboo is a funny word. Koocaboo reminds me of dumb and dumber though.

Mother Goose said...

We went to the pet store today and saw a bird like yours!