Hailey is just full of more and more personality every day and so I just have to write a blog about some of the things she does these days.So if you arent interested in Hailey stories you can stop reading here...
About a week ago. I went in her room in the morning to get her up. She's not an early morning person...when allowed, she'll sleep till 8ish. She'll even be awake for a good 15 - 20 minutes just laying in her bed because she doesnt want to get up! Anyway, about a week ago, I went in around 7:30 to get her up and she must have been waking up cause when I opened the door she turned and looked at me. Then she turned back toward the wall and closed her eyes. So I started singing "You are my Sunshine" to her so she would get up. She laid there with her eyes closed the whole time. When I finished she turned her head to look at me, and then pretended to snatch something out of the air with her hand. I looked at her confused and she said, "I take-a your sunshine Mommy!" (For those that may not be up to date on the song, the last line says, "Please dont take my sunshine away") I just gasped and then started laughing. So she then stood up and asked if I wanted it back, which I responded yes to, and so she walked to the end of her bed and "placed" it back in my hand. The child is TWO!!!
She loves to "play". Just yesterday I was sitting on the floor talking with Jonny and she came over to me and said, "Mommy, lets go play." I told her I was talking to dad and I would come in a few minutes. She then looked at me and said, "Oh come on mom! It will be SOOOOO fun!" Almost trying to peer pressure me into coming to play. Jonny and I just cracked up!
She's also becoming more and more inquisitive as her little brains grasps things more and more. Her favorite phrase these days is, "Um, Mom?" And she will wait for me to respond to her, and then without fail EVERY time she will ask, "Whatcha doin?" In fact also just last night. We were doing the go-to-bed routine and were having "prayer time". Hailey does really well and for now we still feed her like a sentance at a time. Last night I was helping and things were going smoothly. In the middle of the prayer she stopped repeating and started saying "Um, Mom?" In an effort to get her back on track I tried the next 5 - 6 words, and instead I got, "Um, Mom?" I tried one more time and still "Um. Mom?", so I paused and answered her, "What Hailey?" And the ever consistent, yet innocent question, "Whatcha doin?" Jonny and I lost it again.
We were also watching, I think, Despicable Me, the other day at my parents' house and something a little intense was happening in the show. So out of no where she starts asking/yelling over and over again, without removing her eyes from the tv, "WHAT'S HAPPENING?!?!", with a very concerned look on her face.

One of my personal favorites is when she is with me while I am getting ready for the day. Often after I get dressed for the day she will look at me and say "Mom! You look so pretty!"or "Mom! You so beautiful!" She obviously hears it a lot, but I love it anyway.
She is also really grasping emotions these days. When I am crying (for whatever the reason at the time) she comes over and hugs me and then looks at my face to see if it helped. If not (if I wasnt able to muster a smile up yet) she will give me another hug and then check my face again. So I always pull out a smile as fast as possible and she gets all excited and says, "See! Mom is happy!" She has also gotten really good at giving big hugs and saying, "I love you, Mom/Dad!" We just eat it up every time.
3 comments:
Two is such a fun age. The things kids say at that age are so funny. I love it. She is so full of personality.
Yes, she is a lot of fun to watch and be around. I really love the variety and the enthusiasm of her facial expressions.
She is such a cutie.
Post a Comment