Monday, February 25, 2008

Customer Service...right.

There's a lot of stupid people in this world. How's that for an opener eh? And once in a while you run into one that you just can't understand their thought process. A couple days ago Cassie and I decided to rent a movie. We went to Blockbuster and after looking at the horrible selection that Hollywood has graciously provided us with, we made a selection. We go to the checkout and I think that if we could have peered inside the associates mind, it would have a strong resemblance to a mouse running around through a maze looking for cheese.

We hand the movies to the guy and the following happens:

Sales guy: Oh....sorry. It appears there is an overdue balance on your account and the credit card on your account has expired.

Jonny: Yeah we have a movie to return still. I'll just pay the balance and bring it back later.

Sales guy: Well, in order to rent the movie you'll have to pay the balance.

Jonny: ......

Jonny: ......yeah um....that's fine.

Sales guy: Well the card on the account has expired.

Jonny: Yeah, I remeber that part.

Sales guy: Do you have another card to use?

Jonny: ....

Jonny: ....You could try the one I'm holding in front of you.

Sales guy: Ok let me just update this......there done. Oh...umm....sorry but in order to get the movie you'll have to pay the balance on the account.

Jonny: *twitch*

Jonny: ....Oh....kay. That would be just...fine.

Sales guy: Do you want to go ahead and pay that?

Jonny: *has an aneurysm*

Jonny: Yes. For the love of all that's holy yes.

Sales guy: Ok now did you want to get that movie.

Jonny: ....I weep for the future.


The story you have just heard is true. The names have been changed to protect the legally retarded.

7 comments:

Cool Runnings said...

Oh my! His short term memory isn't very long, maybe nonexistent.

Ashlyn

Mother Goose said...

Mike was laughing harder than Avery was in our current blog post!!!

Cool Runnings said...

We had a similar experience but not nearly as retarded. We got to the check out at walmart and found out that one of our yogerts had a hole in it. We handed it to the Cashier and said it has a whole in it. She looked at us with face as if we are the stupid ones and asked "So are you going to buy this?" I looked at Ashlyn and thought about getting out a piece of paper and making a "STUPID" sign to give to her. We then said "No, it has a whole in it."

Mary Kendall said...

I laugh mostly because a similar expereince just happened to me at papa murhpeys. They gave me the wrong pizza and when I told them the person's response was uh, yeah so ...

Mrs. C. Yeates said...

Please refer to my blog post about minimum wage workers. There's a reason they are working in those jobs.

RotorHeadDad said...

"aneurysm... isn't that when you have to turn your head and cough???" -LRP (legally retarded person)

Becky said...

Oh my gosh! That is funny!!! That guy really doesn't have a short term memory...it's like talking to Dori on Finding Nemo! How frustrating and concerning!!!