You would think finding a beach is very easy. You drive west and eventually you run out of land however its sometimes more difficult than you might expect. Let me set the stage...We drove about an hour South and then got off on our exit we were supposed to use and just assumed if we drive west eventually we will hit the ocean. After driving for a while "a passenger" starts suggesting we get directions. But why get directions when you should just be able to drive west right?
So we continue driving west....after a few more minutes the driver says, "Look there's the ocean." and the passenger wonders what the heck he is talking about. So he points and says "right there," to a darker silouhette off in the distance that meets the sky, sounds legitimate, but can anyone guess where we are going with this. As soon as the passengers realize what silouhette we are heading towards they quickly inform the driver he is heading towards a MOUNTAIN!!! Finally we stop for directions and consequently made it to the beach. In the "driver's" defense he was pretty close unfortunately a marina got in the way.
We had a ton of fun once we got to the beach!


Huntington beach is a very touristy beach but I guess most of the beaches in California are. The water was fairly clean and actually kinda warm! I really liked it because the waves crash pretty hard
on shore but there is not really a strong undertow. Infact while Jonny and Will were in mid-thigh water looking for the shells you see above they got knocked down by the waves a few times which may not sound very funny but when you see them rolling up on shore and then popping up surprised out of the water it is pretty funny.
The boys spent the whole time in the water.
After working on my tan for a while, that I have had to work very hard on, I joined the fun!
We have had so much fun at the beach throughout the summer. We are so grateful we were able to live so close to the coast so we can go any time we want! This job has allowed us to have experiences we may never have been able to!

1 comment:
I'm so jealous. I LOVE the ocean. I would love to be able to go that often.
Post a Comment