This weekend we had the opportunity to help clean the church with a few other members. It was an experience trying to get it all done and not lose our two little ones somewhere in the building in the process! So I enlisted their "help" as long and as often as I could.
Hailey could not have been happier to help and I learned a little more about Heavenly Father's plan for us as families at the same time.
Jonny signed us up a couple weeks ago and when the day came, lets just say we werent jumping for joy, but we went to work anyway. After being there for about an hour, Jonny and I swapped kids and I had Hailey help me finish cleaning glass doors. She did exactly as I asked her. I would spray the cleaner and she would wipe it as fast as she could to clean it. After a couple minutes, she stopped, looked at the window and then she said to me, "Hey mom, we are cleaning Jesus' house huh?"
"Yup, we sure are." (not paying 100% attention to the conversation yet)
"Yup, we are making it so nice and clean, and when He walks in He will be Sooooo happy!"
(100% clued in and cue the tears from the mom)...."You're are so right honey"
Who would have thought that I would have an experience that would touch my heart the way that did while I was cleaning finger prints?! As I thought about this simple truth that she reminded me of, that made my hands (and my husband's as I shared the story with him) not just mostly willing anymore, but happy to be there doing that on a Saturday morning, I was also led to think about how grateful I am for families. At that moment it was so obvious to me that it is Heavenly Father's plan to have families that love, support, and teach each other as we strive to live life in such a way to that we can return to Him. That if we work together both physically and spiritually that we will be able to make it there together. I love that even my three year old can be a part of that and help remind me to keep things in perspective.



3 comments:
All teared up! I've always found cleaning the church to be a great experience. Thanks for sharing and reminding me about how our little ones teach us.
How sweet! I love how our kids can remind us of the simple truths of the gospel.
Glad she could help make that experience better. It's tricky to do it with kids.
Post a Comment