Thursday, August 18, 2011

4 Months

So apparently I missed the 3 month post...and now I am late with the 4 month post. Shame on me! We have kinda had a lot going on and I did leave my camera at the house we stayed at on vacation, so stuff working against me, but thats no excuse. Moving on...

Emmett is 4 months old, and is the size Hailey was at 8 1/2 to 9 months old!!!
When we took him for his check up he was 18.6 lbs and 27.5 inches! He gets called "Pudge" or "Chubs" a lot, even by Hailey.
He is such a sweetheart!!

He rolls all over the place but gets mad if hes on his tummy too long. He is working on sitting up and shoves his hands as far in his mouth as possible because he has this bottom tooth that has been visible below his gums for like 2 - 3 weeks now but must not be making much progress. He is not an awesome napper. I usually only get one really good nap out of him a day like 1.5 hours or so and the others are only about 30, maybe 45 minutes long. But I cant complain too much cause he sleep 9 - 10 hours straight at night!! He loves his mommy and daddy and thinks his sister is hilarious! One thing I love: Every night I lotion him up as part of his bedtime routine and he LOVES it. As soon as I pull out the bottle and start rubbing the lotion in my hands to warm it he starts to settle down. His favorite thing is to have his legs rubbed. We know this because he sometimes even lifts his leg (the right leg every time) in response to me rubbing lotion in my hands and then he holds perfectly still with this smile on his face like he is in heaven.

We adore him!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Okay, I love his little nightly massage ritual! Too cute!

Karen said...

He really does do that with his legs too. I have seen it numerous times. He is so happy and so very sqeezy. I love squeezing this little guy! Thank heavens they are all staying here longer.

Laura said...

I just went and looked up Jonas' 4 month stats. Emmett passed him up by 1.5 lbs. and 1/2 inch!