So my child has an attitude. Can you blame her? Look at her parents. Anyway, she is so smart and is talking like crazy these days so naturally she mimics everything we say. She even said "terrible" the other day becuase Mimi said it. So cute. What is not so cute, but oh SO funny is something else she has learned. It started out very innocent, and I am certainly not guilt free on this I'm sure. My parents have a dog and occasionally when she barks too much somone will often yell outside, "Shadow, shut up!" Not something a house full of adults thinks twice about. I am also sure I have said it teasing around to Jonny before. You see where this is going? So about 2 - 3weeks ago Shadow was barking and Hailey went to the window and said "Shaboo! Shupt!" We all thought we were gonna die! I know this is one of those mommy moments that I will regret laughing at later and we are working on switching it to "be quiet" but that doesnt always get the same reaction out of her audience (myself included) so its gonna take some work.
There's more.
She did the same thing at church two weeks ago...in sacrament. Luckily no one knew what she was saying. A baby was crying/screaming and she stood up on the bench, turned around, (we sit on the second row) and said, "Baby! Shupt!" She also did it this evening while we were eating dinner and there was a baby yelling a couple tables away.
So we are working on this and hopefully I can get it changed before anyone realizes what she is saying but in the mean time I am just calmly trying to correct her and then leave the room and laugh. I know, I know it wont be funny the day she says it to me. Like i said we are working on it, including me!
4 comments:
This is so FUNNY! Oh my goodness...write it down in her baby book.
Ha ha, I remember when Hannah said, "What the Crap!" for the first time (right after I said it!)
That is so funny. And so Hailey. I think I'd be laughing too.
It is sad that she just can't say it because it is soooo funny! But she has put her own Hailey Spin on "Be quiet" which we are trying to teach her instead. She says "quietup". Love it!
Post a Comment