Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lately

For those that may not live close and still want to know what is up besides whats up with Hailey. Things are going good for us for the most part right now. Jonny started his MBA program this week. We are both really excited about the benefits it will eventually bring. At the same time we are both not excited about the long nights of homework and paper writing and the on and off single parenting that will consequently come also but he should be done in about 2 years or less so its still good.

This past week I was fortunate enough to get strep throat and a few days later pull something in my back that had me fairly immobile for a few days but that has passed and I am even more grateful for a healthy working body. I was just called to Nursery this past week. Honestly I am not in love with the idea since small children are not always my biggest strong suit (there's a reason I chose secondary education) but I am willing to grow and learn and hope that I am blessed in the process. Since I was called to the older nursery, Hailey had a crash course in jr nursery today. A month early but we were given the go ahead and didnt really have a choice since Jonny teaches Primary (11 yr old boys) She lasted about 10 minutes and spent the rest of the time in sr nursery with me. We'll have to work on that somehow.

Hailey is such a busy body and way too physically capable for her own good! She is trying hard to communicate and can use quite a few words (in fact she'll try almost any word you ask her too) but cant always figure out how to use them to tell us what she wants. She also thinks its cute to do things she's not supposed to do and say "no no" at the same time. For instance she likes to pull out the outlet protectors and bring them to me while saying "no no". Hopefully someday soon she'll learn that no no is not just something to say but means she actually isnt supposed to do what she is doing. Can you tell we have been working on it? She put the bear in time out but she didnt get the idea on her own.


She is starting to learn how to open doors and luckily has only been succesful a handful of times but as I have already learned once she figures it out once its only a matter of time till she's got it down. Like I said too physically capable for her own good.

She is quite the girly girl. I actually remember thinking a month or so ago that I didnt think she was gonna be super girly......thats changing quick. I got these cute things from the dollar section at Target and she loves them!


While she keeps us CONSTANTLY on our toes she is also a sweetie and is learning to be helpful. She likes to help take out the trash.
She is also very good at throwing away diapers, trash, and anything else we ask her to put in the trash. She is learning about cleaning up her toys and likes to have her own paper towel to help wipe things when I am cleaning the kitchen or the bathroom. She'll be a year and a half old in a month and I cant believe I barely have a hint of my baby left.

2 comments:

Eppie said...

What an absolute sweetheart. I can't wait to spend some time with her. I love the pictures of her opening the door and especially her helping her daddy. She has a great daddy, we are proud of you both.

Cool Runnings said...

Children. I love it when Avery is so insistent that she has to help me take out the trash. She helps me every time.