I warn you before reading this. It is finals week and I have been doing a lot of studying. Keep that in mind.
I would like to discuss the word "x-mas"
Christmas was originally established to celebrate the birth of an individual who is the redeemer of the world and the salvation of mankind. Christ, however, apparently shares his birthday with another individual who has done just as much for humanity...the letter X.
I mean think about what the letter X has done for us! It made it possible to spell xylophone, it has been the leading authority on examining broken bones, and it's so easy to write! All hail X!!!
We should just take "In god we trust" off our currency and put "In 'X' we trust". No terrorist would dare mess with us then! We got the letter "X" on our side baby!
Seriously, it's a religious holiday. Why are we taking the religion out of it? To appease the atheists? If they want a holiday they can start their own religion called "Darwin-mas"
Think about it. You could have a little tadpole Santa and his 8 flying amoeba. Make a snowman shaped like a chimp. Wrap presents and blow them up in honor of the Big Bang Theory. It could be great fun! (actually that blowing up stuff sounds pretty cool...)
This is something that has bugged me for a long time. Every time I hear someone say "X-mas" I want to chuck my shoe at their head. In 3 cases I have done just that.
Where does it end?
Child: "Oh father, thank you so much for the dreidle on this holiest of days, X-ukka."
Other child: "Yay! Happy Kwanz-x!"
At least if we take Christ out of Christmas we will still have Santa. Who is a figure for a person called St. Nick...who was a religious person...hence the name "Saint"... You see the problem?
Bottom line, if atheists want to get rid of Christmas, then they shouldn't get the day off! See how anti-God they are then.
Tune in next week as Jonny analyzes the psychotic dream of a small child who fantasizes about glorified kitchen utensils fighting tyrannical rodents in a production known as "The Nutcracker"
(yeah it's kinda messed up when you think about huh?)
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Amen! I agree with everything except the Nutcracker part.
PS Everytime we pull up your blog Avery gets really excited and tries to say Jonny, but it comes out as "Ne"
I was told at my CATHOLIC SCHOOL growing up that "X" was a symbol for Christ, making "Xmas" merely a shortened form of the word Christmas, not a bastardization of it.
http://tinyurl.com/4psfov
Merry Xmas!
(Ohai! I blogstalk you!)
So for all the Chirst has done for us, which im sure was learned in CATHOLIC SCHOOL (not sure why we had to do that in caps), we honor him by writing his name as "X"? People who truly honor and believe in Christ are to lazy to write his name? Sounds like a bastardization of it to me. Im pretty sure I never read about any apostles following X because some monk didn't want to write the word Christ. So whether you are athiest or told by CATHOLIC SCHOOL, it still seems pretty disrespectful. Hopefully nobodies next birthday cake says "Happy Birtdhay X!"
Merry CHIRSTmas
That's right Jonny. Stand up for what you know to be true!
I agree Jonny, saying or writing "X" is a sure sign of disrespect. If you can't take the time to say the name or write the name of Christ you must not love him enough or have any respect for him. It doesn't matter what CATHOLIC SCHOOL (caps are really dumb here)teaches. Using "shorthand" to write to name of our Savior is not showing love or respect for all he has and continues to do for us.
Post a Comment