Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Velcome to Baby Land

Yes, I meant to spell it "Velcome". Its from Father of the Bride II.

Go watch a movie you bum.

Anyways, for the big news. I have decided that I am going to vote for Barrack Obama.

Just kidding, just kidding. Put the knife down.

What were you going to do with a knife anyways? Stab your monitor?

Your lucky I still talk to you...

It's getting down to the wire now with this whole pregnant thing. I am learning things that women can do that I didn't know were humanly possible. I have also learned that I am a complete retard when it comes to parenting.

I know nothing man!

Seriously, there's alot more to it than I thought! Have you ever tried to put a crib together? That alone will make you go nuts. How am I supposed to handle something that yells back at me?!

And how is a baby supposed to sleep? On their side? On their back? On their stomach? It's lose-lose no matter what? I'm just gonna hang the kid on a coat hanger.

Problem solved.

I learn all these new things about kids by listening to conversation. As though this stuff is common knowledge. People talk about what they are gonna do and I say, "Hold up a sec...you can't give a baby diet Coke and mentos?" Apparently I'm just supposed to know these things.

I hope I don't accidentally kill it. Man, that would suck.


Anyways, now for the real reason you are here today...other than the fact that you have been sitting at your computer for 2 hours checking blogs due to your blog addiction and our blog just happened to be the next link you click on in the friends/family column.

As the due date approaches, I have noticed that everyone seems to be putting up pictures of their new babies room in preparations for the Baby Boom of 2008. Cassie and I just finished decorating for the newcomer. I have decided that I will share with you our great new addition.




Poor kid's gonna have it rough.

17 comments:

Nursemom said...

Hey Jonny, if you need any advice, give me a ring. I am a baby advice machine. I spend all day long at work telling clueless fathers and mostly clueless mothers how to keep their child alive when they take it home. You'd be surprised how much people don't know. And by the way, leave the breastfeeding to Cassie. Your job is to say, "good job honey, you're doing great." I say this from experience. I had a dad try to do it once. Not kidding. Love the room by the way. It's way better than my child's laundry basket. Maybe you should come help us out. Bring some money while you're at it. We're gonna need it.

Nursemom said...

PS. the dad that was trying to help with breastfeeding wasn't Kevin. It was a dad in the NICU

B.O.I. said...

you probably dont want to know this but techinacally it is humanly possible for the man to lactate and breast feed, we have all the plumbing necessary for it. Of course it means that he has an over abundance of a hormone that causes lactation (I think it is call "lactone" if I remember right). Anyway that usualy is a sign of a tumor or cancer in the pituitary gland so it is not a good thing!

Jonnycool said...

wow, this blog just took a very unexpected turn.

Anonymous said...

Instead if talking about lactating men, i think i will stear my comments more towards the diet coke and mentos. Jonny, don't you remember what happened in the Best Buy parking lot that day in kansas city? Now imagine that inside a space the size of a peanut. Theri stomach has to be about that size becuase i swear i am chamging at least 78 diapers a day right now.

Adam

Anonymous said...

Auveusly eye kant spel varie gud eethur

Adam

B.O.I. said...

by the way that was me David not Kathering that said the lactone thing! sorry I forgot to switch the username

B.O.I. said...

hey adam I can't spell either.. not even my own wife's name.. I meant katherine

Mrs. C. Yeates said...

This is why I love this family...you never know what to expect. Keeps life interesting.

RotorHeadDad said...

See... This is why voting for Obama/socialism is a good thing! Can you imagine what would happen to the world if these people were free to make their own decisions?!? Government intervention is necessary -ALWAYS!!!

RotorHeadDad said...

I have just been informed that I am an idiot... What can I say??? The Stalin in me took over there for a moment... :-S

RotorHeadDad said...

Just doing my part...

RotorHeadDad said...

...to make this...

RotorHeadDad said...

...the most commented post...

RotorHeadDad said...

...on your blog.

RotorHeadDad said...

:-)

Mother Goose said...

Love Father of the Bride I and II!!!