Saturday, September 6, 2008

Getting Ready

Hopefully this post will not spark any of the same biological or political commments that seemed to have occurred because of the last one. All I have to say about that is, You people are weird!

Now for the real reason Jonny posted about Baby Land. Since we have been back and even for the week or two before we came back I have been checking KSL to find a good crib for a really good price. They are there, but the ones that look really nice and are really cheap sell really really fast. We figure we live in a great city to find pretty much everything we will need online and it is only lightly used...Dont worry I already know not to buy the carseat used.

Anyway, I found one late at night a couple days ago, called them a little before 9am the next day and amazingly I called and claimed it before anyone else did. Jonny went to get it and then that evening he did what he does best...

He loves that drill!


Not too much later we had one good looking crib! No bite marks, no scuffs, no weird stains anywhere. We are pretty happy with it.

We dont have any sheets or anything yet, but my wonderful Grandma bought us this adorable blanket when she went to Hawaii a couple months ago. Thank you so much Grandma! Now I have something to base everything else on and I am looking forward to making bumpers and other bedding to go with it! We arent nearly as ready as other people are by this point but we figure she will be sleeping in our room for the first few months anyway so we arent too worried.

Its getting pretty close and we are getting really excited. Jonny keeps telling me I am taking longer than everyone else that is pregnant.

5 comments:

Jonnycool said...

She really is taking a long time! Seriously, she has been pregnant for like a year now. Hurry it up will ya!

Mother Goose said...

Love the quilt!!

Nursemom said...

It's always longer when it's your baby.quilt is cute.

Cool Runnings said...

Jonny it only get longer as the days go by and the hormones get more out of control.

Karen Nelson said...

Your crib is great! It looks brand new. Good shopping and thriftyness. (is that a word?)

I am very excited to be coming out to see y'all in just a few weeks! YAH!!

Oh, love the quilt. It is gorgeous!