Monday, September 17, 2007

A Gold Star for me!

I have made a huge accomplishment in my life
over the past month and a half!

Ever since I was little we're talking like probably 5 or 6 or so I have always bitten the crap out of my finger nails. I have made a number of attempts to stop. I even put on fake nails for like 4 months to try and rid myself of the habit but nothing worked. I would do well for a while and think I no longer had the habit but then my nail would chip or something and I never had a nail file. So I would bite it to try and fix it and it was like a dang smoking habit once I started again I couldnt stop!

It got really bad in college. Since I had to read a ton I would sit and read and subconciously bite my nails until they hurt. Why? I have no clue...just a very bad habit. However this is no longer a problem for me so I am giving myself a gold star!

I am so excited I haven't bitten my nails for almost two months! I used this undescribably horribly tasting stuff that you paint on your nails and it made me afraid to even put them near my mouth, however I havent used it in almost a month and I am still doing great.


Why the sudden change/motivation? Jonny and I made a deal. If I would quit biting my nails then he could only play video games on the weekend while he is in school, (or if I tell him ok during the week) so I am confident that I will continue my sucess! In his defense he has been working so hard in school that this deal doesnt really make a difference anyway and I am very proud of him. It just gave me extra motivation I needed though! I know it sounds silly but this is seriously like a milestone in my life.

5 comments:

Mother Goose said...

Biting my nails was the worse while I was teaching. My habit is related to stress. Good job!

Nursemom said...

I am so proud of you! I need to stop too. I would give anything to get myself to stop. I don't even know I'm doing it. That is a huge accomplishment.

Laura said...

You're so cute Cassie! I'm very proud of you.

RotorHeadDad said...

So what's the name of this nasty stuff you put on your nails, and where do you get it? I think we need to express some to Sparklemom ASAP!!!

Karen Nelson said...

Actually, you deserve more than just one gold star!! Breaking a habit is very hard...I know. Very proud of you!!!