Every weekend and sometimes weekday evenings we get together with our neighbors/best friends Adam and Meredith to play board games and card games. We started this last school year and we still play the same two games almost every time! They are very fun and come highly recommend; The Settlers of Catan, a strategy game, and Bang!, an Italian card game.You learn interesting things about people when you play games, and the later it gets the funnier things are....
In our Settlers game you have to collect resource cards and we found that Jonny has a weird obsession with collecting sheep...for some reason he really likes to keep them!
Lippy refers to everyone as a "fool" and it becomes more frequent the more competitive the game gets!Our friend Meredith has a very entertaining and even interactive quirk! Just saying one word causes such a stirring inside Meredith that she cant help but break out into song! For instance when something bad happens I might comment, "Well that was unfortunate," and Meredith immediately breaks out into a song from the Little Mermaid! Its fun to see what songs you can get her to come up with.
And I...well I apparently like to talk to my game pieces, especially the dice when I really need a specific number, and while I get made fun of I have to say soemtimes it actually works!
All of our goofy little quirks just add to the fun of playing games!
Occasionally Koocaboo joins us! He likes to try to picks up cards and walks on our gane board.
2 comments:
Sounds like a lot of fun. You are all some strange people though. It would be the perfect group to join for some non-child interaction fun.
You're just like mom how you talk to inanimate objects. You know its not healthy
Post a Comment