Sunday, September 16, 2007

Camping

I have been wanting to post about our camping trip last week for a while but our internet has been messed up for like two weeks. I am so excited becuase it is finally working decently..lets just hope it stays that way.

So Jonny and I went camping last weekend in Jackson, Wyoming with Lippy and some friends. We tried very hard to leave early enough on Friday to make it there before it got dark and we probably would have made it if we didnt have to stop so MANY times! I guess thats what happens with eight people though. So we set up camp in the dark and even though it was getting late my little pyro still got his fire-building fix!

We could go camping and do nothing but find fire wood and sit around and feed the fire and Jonny would think it was a good trip. At one point we were at our campsite eating and Jonny had just disappeared and the food was disappearing. People began to wonder where he was but I knew exactly where he was.... out finding fire wood!


The best part of our trip, besides the fire building, was rafting down the Snake River. I had never been rafting before so I was a little nervous but it was a ton of fun!

Jonny was excellent at directing us to the middle of every rapid! My favorite spot was the "look-out" spot in the front of the boat mainly because all you have to do is sit there and look for rocks, no paddling necessary! However it was also the wettest spot and once the wind picked up and there was more shade on the river it can be incredibly cold!

The very first rapid we hit Lippy fell out and it took us a second to realize she was hanging on to the outside of the boat. The boys of course had a ton of fun tackling each other into the water. However we made it down the river three times and I never fell/got pushed in. I didnt find the idea of plunging into 50 degree water very appealing.

We had such a fun time! We love when we can get our whole group together to do stuff. We have known each other a long time (the boys the longest) and we are all close friends but unfortunately we dont all live very close so we have an awesome time when we are together.












By the end of the day we were all dead tired and ready to just relax at the campsite. I went to bed that night and could feel my body still rocking in the river. All in all it was a very fun and memorable weekend and I am so grateful to have such great friends!

3 comments:

Mother Goose said...

I don't like being pushed into freezing cold water either!

Mrs. C. Yeates said...

Sounds like a ton of fun. Maybe I should take my boys rafting...could be interesting...

Karen Nelson said...

To everyone who went on the trip...how about Disneyland next time??? Thanks for seeing Lissy in the water and saving her!!